Do you know about Angular or React? Here we are going to update you about Angular vs. React and a comparison between them.
As the new technologies are adding into the list, there is growing chaos among the selection of it especially when it comes to the development of your favorite app. The developer often comes across this dilemma to what should be chosen to react or angular. Although React JS vs. Angular are equally powerful, choosing one of them is quite a daunting task.
Not to worry anymore as we are here to simplify this task by providing you the best way to get out of this situation and choose the best one for your easy application development. Let’s begin by knowing a brief about React vs. Angular:
Before Discussing About React vs Angular, Let’s Know a Brief About React and Angular
Brief About Angular
Angular came into existence in 2016 with the support of Google. It has a component-based architecture and uses real DOM for its functioning. The best part is that it provides a high abstraction to the user and makes use of 2-way data binding. Mainly Angular revolves around HTML and Typescript. Now let’s have a look at some of the interesting functionalities of Angular which are given below:
- An extended version of HTML templates
- CSS encapsulation
- Dependency injection
- XSS protection
- @Angular/router for routing
Brief About React
React is older than angular and has been into the market since 2013 with Facebook as its firm support. Having a similar architecture as Angular i.e. component based, it separates as it uses virtual DOM for its operations. React helps in providing the following out of the box functionalities like
- Unit testing component utilities
- XSS protection
- JSX templates
- React router for the purpose of routing
- MobX for state management
React vs. Angular: The Complete Comparison
Difference Between Angular vs. React
After discussing the real meaning of Angular vs. React JS, we can say that both of these web development applications play an essential role in the creation of various software used by different brands like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Sony, HBO, Google, Nike etc. So, let’s classify these two front end development frameworks on the basis of unique characteristics features that made each of the platforms different from the other:
2. Data Binding: It is regarded as one of the main features that distinguish the working and the requirement of Angular And Reacts. React only ensures one-way binding which means that if the UI element changes then the model state does not change. While in the case of Angular, it has a two-way binding which means that if the UI element fluctuates then the model state also changes.
4. Testing: Jest is commonly used to test and evaluate the React codes. It requires zero configuration and is easy to use. But, Angular uses Jasmine for testing.
5. Mobile Solutions: React native is incorporated by Facebook that helps in the formation of mobile applications through React. It creates native UI which allows the creation of own components and binds them to written native codes. Whereas, in the case of Angular, Ionic is the framework used for the creation of hybrid mobile applications. It is incorporate with Angular and utilizes Cordova container.
6. Growth Trends: According to GitHub, Angular has 40,963 stars and 732 contributors with 35 stars per day on an average basis. However, in the case of React, there are 111,927 stars and 1,242 contributors along with 97 stars per day in the past 12 months.
7. Learning Curve: Learning Curve is moderate in React. React helps you to gain knowledge and experience with JSX. Moreover, Angular has a steep learning curve which helps you to learn n number of new things starting with basic topics like directives, decorators, components, modules, dependency injection, pipes etc. to advanced complex topics like zones, AoT compilation, change detection, and Rx.js.
8. State Management: There is an existence of states In order to develop an application and it becomes complex with data morphing. Thus, in order to manage states in React, you need to use Redux while in case of Angular, if the application is quite heavy and large then you can use MobX.
9. DOM: React has a virtual DOM which helps in making changes and modifications without affecting the key areas. While in case of Angular, it has a real DOM in which the whole tree data structure is updated if a minute change is made in a single section.
10. Documentation: Documentation in Angular is quite slow due to the ongoing process of upgradation and development while React is quite fast as compared to Angular.
11. Productivity and Development Speed: The productivity and development speed gets affected if third parties get involved in the application development process as they have to make a choice regarding the right kind of architecture with excellent tools and techniques. Angular offers outstanding development experience with on-line commands, clean coding, built in process of solving complex problems.
12. Popularity: React offers more number of searches than Angular according to Google. All the reputed companies like Netflix, Facebook, Uber use React for the purpose of application development and software programming.
13. Latest Stable Version: React 16.7.0 is the latest version of React and Angular 7.2.0 is the latest version of Angular.
Thus, we can conclude that both of these platforms have there own benefits like React is time-saving, provides better customer experience, ensures faster testing and code stability whereas Angular ensures high performance, better error handling, seamless updates, code cleaning and many more. So, the answer that which framework is the best depends upon the user requirement, experience and the complexity of the application development company.
Let us know through your comments if you have something to share about Angular vs React.